As pastors our work can be complicated and involves much more than preaching great sermons and telling Bible stories. As pastors, we need great theological and biblical training. But being an effective shepherd requires much more. We need to learn to lead the flock well.
Here are 10 books from the world of business, organization, and productivity that I believe every pastor should read.
1. The Power of a Positive No by William Ury
2. Time Traps by Tim Duncan
3. 5 Levels of Leadership by John Maxwell
4. The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
5. Getting Things Done by David Allen
6. Decisive by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
7. The 4 Disciplines of Execution by Sean Covey, Chris McChesney, & Jim Huling
8. Tell to Win by Peter Guber
9. The 5 Choices by Kory Kogon, Adam Merrill, & Leena Rinne
10. The One Thing You Need to Know by Marcus Buckingham
Living Forward by Michael Hyatt & Daniel Harkavy